16.4.08

What's the capital of Alaska?

Have you seen the great movie Juno, starring Ellen Page?
It's basically the story of my life. Well, sort of.

Derek (my husband) and I met when I had just turned 18. We liked each other a lot, hung out all the time, and then I got pregnant. We didn't really know each other too well, but we fell in love. Can you imagine? My senior class is graduating - without me - and I'm out buying diapers.
It was hard. But sooo worth it. I have a wonderful husband and an awesome son. The movie was so touching; and by touching I mean I was crying like a crazy person. It really captured how people like she and I are forced to grow up, fast. I got the looks and the stares too. I still get them. Sometimes I even get an, "Aww, how nice of you to take out your little brother!". People think I'm 16 or something. Yes, 21 is young to have a 2 year old, but hey - who cares? Hunter is the coolest thing ever. How appropriate that I would watch that right around his birthday (the 17th). I swear too that if he is the only thing I have to show for my time on this earth,
that would be enough.

I'm sorry I've been neglecting you - oh sweet blog o'mine! We are ever so busy with the wee one's birthday and our upcoming Pow-Wow. I of course have been hoarding Pyrex and we're even buying a new (old) couch from Ronn at FUTURES. I will, of course, have much more to say after all these events have come to pass.
So, what are all of you up to?

9 comments:

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

I liked Juno a lot too, and Ellen Page is just awesome. I first saw her on one of my favorite TV shows ever, Trailer Park Boys. It is a Canadian show so you have to download it or get it on DVD, but it's totally worth it. If you like trailer park antics and pot, liquor, and sex jokes like I do, I mean. ;)

Your boy is adorable, by the way - he is lucky to have such a great mom! :)

Diane Mars said...

You should be very proud of how far you two have come, and the blessings you both are giving to your little person, and for 21 very mature (: Have fun with the Birthday Party.
Hugs, Diane

Mama Brook said...

Oh thanks you guys!

Mitzi - I've seen that! I looove the show. So funny. Aren't they coming out with a movie?

Diane - Thank you so much, it's nice to hear someone older than me think I'm doing ok - it means alot :)

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Yes there is a movie out, it was a hit in Canada but flopped when they showed it in a few cities here. I saw it, it is pretty good but a lot of it is just re-hashed things from the show, so it was kind of disappointing.

I think the series is officially finished now, though I hear Ricky, Julian and Bubbles are in talks to do a fake documentary show about their real lives as actors? Should be interesting!

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Thanks for browsing my blog. It is funny that I found you yesterday. I am 38....was 3 months pregnant when I graduated High school. My "oooops" is 19 years old and in her first year of college at San Fran State. Hey..I am almost old enough to be your mom too LOL. My baby is 17 and I had him when I was 21. Married my high school sweetheart,divorced, remarried a man 17 yrs. my senior and the rest is happily ever after so far. Young parenthood has its advantages too. (I am not promoting, just based on my experiences.) Have a great one and I will be back to see that couch.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Tell "wee" Hunter Happy Birthday!! When you get back to posting you have to let me know what's up with the Pow Wow...you know how curious I am. I haven't seen Juno yet. But I'm sure I will...and now I'll think of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama,

Show them pictures of the sofa!!!

Ronn.

Stephanie N said...

Ellen Page is from my city! In fact, I think she might even live down the street from me. :P
I'm so sorry I have been MIA. I was busy, and sick, and didn't want to post without pics, so I kept putting it of :( I am bad. :( I am going to post tomorrow or Sunday, though, because I am going to a zoo tomorrow! Weeee!!! So lots of pics there!
Oh-and I have something for you ;)

Anonymous said...

i assumed Juno was directed by the same guy that directed Knocked Up because it's about an unexpected pregnancy, and Michael Cera stars as Juno's boyfriend (he was one of the goofy kids from Superbad, a close relative of Knocked Up), but it turns out this is not the case