27.4.08

In the 80s/90s I remember...


Post inspired by the wonderful Amy!!

In the 80s I remember...
Watching Rainbow Brite everyday and sitting wayyyy to close to the
TV without being afraid of cancer or eye damage.
Man I loved that show.
Playing NES with my brother eveyday, and finally beating Super Mario.
It was like winning the lottery.

My undying love for New Kids on the Block, especially Marky Mark!
(give me a break - I was 6!)

Wishing I was Cyndi Lauper - who needs Madonna?!

In the 90s I remember...


Teen Angst on tv, along with all the flannel you could put on.

The Spice Girls: when platforms came back
and celebrities still ate something.

All the bad rock/alternative/club music you could dance to, badly.


Well, I hope I've successfully made you feel old! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I am thankful that I don't remember much of the 80's ... it was all a big blur of big hair and bad music and stupid relationships!

Lidian said...

Ah, the 80s - college and grad school years, staying up all night, purple hair glitter and purple glitter nail polish (sometimes both at once, how reckless is THAT)...very long heavy earrings, the Police, the Romantics, Duran Duran, etc, on the radio...

I had my kids in the 90s so I kind of don't recall much about the pop culture, except the Spice Girls (we watched that movie on video cassette about a thousand times)

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

The 80's....First love,First time,married,graduated,had my amazing daughter.
I do not feel old at all....I am just glad I am still young enough to know and remember all the groups,t.v. shows and crazy trends!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Ronn/FUTURES Antiques here. In the 80's I was 30-39. Let's not forget a maturing Talking Heads, Gang of Four, BLACK everything, Brian Eno, the near-death of Disco (yay), Marianne Faithful, Leonard Cohen, Kraftwerk, Pee Wee's Playhouse, and yes, Cyndi was a favorite of mine also. Oh, and EVERYTHING was "turbo"... Turbo cars, turbo dishwashers, turbo macaroni, turbo underwear. Black, and Turbo.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

It doesn't make me feel old...just odd. It's like I wasn't even around to remember any of that except Cyndi Lauper. It's actually kind of nice to realize that I was having so much fun doing my own thing that I was oblivious to most of the pop culture stuff. Boy, New Kids had weird hair even by 80's standards!What a fun game...I think I remember more from the 60's-70's.

Mama Brook said...

Thanks for all the extra stuff guys!
You should each do your own from the era you grew up in!!

Amy said...

lol that's so funny! I was a teenager in the 80's and I had the big hair with different colours in it each week - one time it was blue! I was SO into the new wave music and was inspired by Duran Duran, Kim Wilde etc. Even now I still listen to some of the stuff from back then :-)

Monica said...

Yeah it made me feel old since I was too old for rainbow brite!! Good memories!!!! :)