16.2.08

Oh My, What a Day!







My mother took Hunter for the afternoon, and Derek and I took off like giddy school children!
We got a chance to shop at some of our favorite stores undisturbed. One of or favorites is a local antique store Futures. They specialize in 40s - 70s. Can you guess why we love it so?

Well here are a few pictures of our loot. No dolls, your eyes do not decieve you. That is a vintage primary color Fire King mixing bowl set! It was a steal! I just can't decide if I should resell it, or keep it all to myself. Hmmm...

We also found some more blue melmac cups for my collection. I collect pink and blue 50s melmac and ceramic teacups. I also found a matching sugar and creamer set. Isn't this set just darling?

Now for a one of my favorite finds of the week - a 60s Sunbeam 'party grill' sandwich maker. It makes 3 sandwiches at once! So fab!

Last, but not least, I found some more cute poodles. Boy, do I love poodles. Did you happen to notice more of my son's beautiful artwork? More next time guys and gals!

5 comments:

Stephanie N said...

OMG!!!!!! I am in love with the blue cups!!!!!!!! Sooo nice!!!!

Mama Brook said...

I know - I have dozens of them -
I just can't stop!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! It's Ronn from FUTURES Antiques, and I'm so glad you've already begun enjoying your melamine stash. It's MEANT to be used, so have a good time with it. For all of you out there: if there are coffee or tea stains in melamine cups, you CAN bleach them.
Ronn Ives, owner
FUTURES Antiques

Mama Brook said...

Thank you so much Ronn!!!
We LOVE your store!!

Anonymous said...

Mama,
So do I. It's a labor of love.
Ronn.