20.2.08

My Oh My.


Here are the spoils from a quick afternoon of thrifting. I found more of the cute green tiki cups everyone keeps asking for on Etsy. A small pyrex dish for 10 cents, and a very cool bar set. This set I believe is from the 60s, and has instructions for all kinds of popular drinks all over it. It still has the ice tongs too, which is great. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep this one for myself. I've cut way down on thrifting this week, I'm geting myself geared up for the estate sale this weekend - yes!

I know this has nothing to do with Retro, but I am first and foremost a mama. I was watching my son play the other day and I can not get over how much he has grown in less than 2 years. I thought it would be kinda cool to make a mini timeline of the cuteness.
(If you lean back the pictures make a #2!)





How can the simple act of just having a child make you into a better person than you ever thought you could be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Yep, your glasses set is from the 60's.
I am a stepDad, but didn't begin until the girls were in their teens. Now they're major adults, and have made me a Grandpa. Your comment about kids making you "better" than you ever thought you could be... is true. My Grandkids amaze me, and I've found me amazing me. The sense of protection and patience I feel for them... leaves me speechless.
Ronn Ives/FUTURES Antiques

Mama Brook said...

Ronn, you are just like a huge fountain of knowledge! Your grandkids are lucky!

Monica said...

I LOVE tiki mugs!!!! The baby is adorable